We need you to ‘bee’ a volunteer!
Everything SCBA does is powered by the volunteer beekeeper community.
Join us! You will learn a lot about bees and beekeeping and have fun too.
Share your talent and time with SCBA. Everyone has something to give!
Here are some of the many ways to volunteer:
- Hosting refreshments for a meeting
- Manning the SCBA booth at festivals and community events
- Set-up/Clean-up meetings
- Serving on the Executive Board
- Becoming or assisting a Cluster Leader in your area
- Positions of Librarian, Newsletter Editor, Social Media Editor/Monitors or Webmaster
- Organizing volunteer events
- Education and Presentations
- Gardening Group volunteer
- Providing services such as (but not limited too); accountant, lawyer, graphic arts, photography, video production, web tech, social media, etc.
If you haven’t yet volunteered – buzz right in! Fill out the form below or contact a Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Presentations
Volunteers needed! Our presenters are often school teachers or retired school teachers, but definitely are people who have experience in beekeeping and like to talk about the bees. Some of them have jobs related to beekeeping, such as extracting bees from structures, which is very interesting to students.
Educators often work in teams but also can present alone. We often go out to these classes in small teams but some folks like to present by themselves. We have abundant teaching materials and props that are appropriate for many grade levels. The outline for possible topics is located in the link above.
If you are a SCBA member and would like to join our education efforts, please contact our education coordinator. It would be helpful if you mentioned days and times that you are available and, as always, thanks for volunteering.
E-mail email@example.com to sign-up for school presentations